So, when the phone rang minutes after I got to work - I expected nothing. And when it was our family coordinator - I really just thought she was calling for another reason. Then she said, well, I am looking at a picture of your daughter. She is 7 months old, she is healthy. I had a list of questions to ask when I got the call - and none of them seemed important anymore. I had a baby girl, whose picture was on a desk in Lexington. And she was young - very young. My heart began to pound. I had to leave then to go get John to go to Lexington to see the picture of my baby girl. It seemed like eternity - the drive I mean. I was scared - what if she was not what we expected? And I prayed, NO MATTER WHAT God, please let me think she is beautiful.
(I have to admit, some referral pictures from China could be well, not the best pictures.)
So, we got to our agencies office in Lexington and saw that picture - and she was - just the most perfect, the most beautiful, the most adorable baby I had ever laid eyes on.
And here are some pictures of our referral day at the agency -
For the next two months until we traveled to get Lacie, all I could say is, "she is just the cutest thing." "She is just so cute." AND SHE IS A GIRL!
2 comments:
Okay Vonda, I'm crying now! What a sweet, sweet post! I remember so well what it was like when I found out that we were expecting Megan. It was as though God had placed a seed of love in my heart and it just grew and grew from that moment on. Children do that to you in the most strange way - they make you love them boundlessly. Happy referral day anniversary!
Reading this brings back great memories! What a little doll Lacie is!!
Kristi
Post a Comment