"Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." – Oprah Winfrey


"A house that is a home and has happy kids living in it is ALWAYS a mess. When they are gone, you can straighten and dust all you want, but the kids and the mess will be sorely missed." -John Easterling

Sunday, May 17, 2009

05/15/2009 Junior Prom

Euitag went to Prom on Friday night. He had fun! He was so excited - well, ok - we were all excited. One would have thought it was Lacie and Paul's prom the way we were all excited about his night out. We had dinner with John's extended family on Wednesday night. Our brother-in-law Dennis sat and gave Euitag a lot of tips. I helped too. Always hold the door for her. Always race to the car before her so you can open the car door for her. When you arrive at your destination tell her to sit still so you can open her car door for her. When you get to the prom, make sure she is comfortable - get her some punch. Get her a corsage, take her to dinner. Euitag asked, "so I am like her slave?" I said no, she is to be treated like a queen. He said, "really?" I then asked him, "does your father treat your mother like a queen?" Euitag said, "yes." How sweet - I can see it. He is such a great kid.

Anyway - they had a great time. My mother, MawMaw, actually picked him up, took him to pick up Taylor and took them to dinner before she dropped them off at Prom. I think John was a little jealous - and said, "how are we going to get pictures?" - Trust me - MawMaw will take pictures. MawMaw offered to sit across the room and let them have dinner alone - but they wanted her to join them. MawMaw was very honored and flattered. I can only pray that my children will want one of us or her around for initial dates.

Euitag had fun - he said he danced all evening long. They were picked up and safely home by midnight. John could not wait to talk to Euitag about his night.

Anyway - here are some pictures.
MawMaw - not the date.


Taylor and Euitag



Euitag leaves in a few weeks - we are going to miss him terribly. I pray we stay in touch and that he always knows he has a home in the U.S.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For Euitag's family - Euitag is a joy, and time is going by so fast. He is such a gentleman and mannerly. It is apparent that his parents are wonderful. He is so funny, and likes to tease. I love him. Maw Maw