There won't be many words this entry (I say that now). I have been running (figuratively) and trying to catch up with myself and life in general since the Christmas holidays - really. I mean - I still can't believe we have had Paul an entire year. I can't believe he is 2 years old. I can't believe that soon Euitag will be leaving to return to his family in Korea. I can't believe Lacie will be with us for four years in July. I can't believe she is old enough to begin to read. I can't believe it is already two (or is it three) weeks after Easter. Next week is Derby - how can that be? What? another load of laundry? I still have not folded the previous load that is still sitting in my living room. In the background of photos posted on our blog it may appear that my house is not tidy. I am literally living to the day I am in - and feel surprised when the next day or week is upon me. How is it that I have overbooked myself this weekend? I am overwhelmed that I seem to be too busy to get out my calendar. Anyway -
I am not too busy to watch my kids eat, play and listen to them giggle. I am not too busy to sit and watch them sleep and wonder what their dreams are. I am not too busy to watch them play in the bath tub and splash water all over the floor. I am not too busy to sit and hold them for as long as I can in the mornings before school and at night before bed. I am not too busy to go outside for awhile to help them learn how to ride a bike. I am not too busy to journal about them so we can maintain our memories.
Anyway - about two weeks ago my extended family lost a loved one to a horrible auto accident. She was only 24 years old. She left behind a young son Lacie's age. It was very sad to watch her parents let her go. Her father has written a few times death is or can be just a breath, a moment away. My heart breaks for this family and for another cousin who lost her young son a few years ago to another auto accident.
So, I will try to forgive myself if I am unorganized, my house is a mess, my laundry is unfolded, and sometimes I over book myself because I lose track of time because I am carefully soaking in every second of my kids life that I can even remember staring at them for a long long minute and telling myself: take all this in mommy cause soon they will be grown up. Remember this moment mommy cause it won't ever happen again.
here is a slide show of some Easter fun. There are about 34 or so pics - so enjoy if you have time. So I did write more than I expected . . .
Cool Christmas Gift...
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment