"Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." – Oprah Winfrey


"A house that is a home and has happy kids living in it is ALWAYS a mess. When they are gone, you can straighten and dust all you want, but the kids and the mess will be sorely missed." -John Easterling

Thursday, April 2, 2009

4/2/2009 Lacie pretending . . .

This week was Euitag's spring break week. We have tried to get him out to do some fun things with him. John took him to the Colonel Sanders (KFC) museum in Corbin, the Newport Aquarium, and today we went to the Louisville Slugger factory/museum. It does not beat a trip to New York or Chicago, but at least Euitag got to see a bit of the countryside.

While out and about today, we also went by my office to introduce Euitag to some co-workers and an attorney who is Korean and has taken an interest in Euitag's time here, even though they had not yet met. Mark enjoyed meeting Euitag and I think the feeling is mutual.

Anyway - Today we took Lacie out of school to take her to the factory/museum with us. This was the first time (I believe) since we got Paul (and Euitag) that she got to have mommy and daddy all to herself - without brother. She loved the attention and even daddy spoiled her and carried her as much as mommy.

Tonight after we got home Lacie was drawing on her magna doodle and she said, "I am going to draw me and mommy and daddy." I asked, "What about Paul?" She replied, "I am going to pretend that he is not here yet." (Meaning: before we brought Paul home from Korea). Hmmmm - maybe the day all by herself with mommy and daddy (and Euitag) was a bit too good?

No comments: