"Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." – Oprah Winfrey


"A house that is a home and has happy kids living in it is ALWAYS a mess. When they are gone, you can straighten and dust all you want, but the kids and the mess will be sorely missed." -John Easterling

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

10/28/2008 More about Autumn Moon Festival

Back to the Autumn Moon Festival celebrated by and with Families with Children from China AND some families who have adopted from Korea. One of the activities we do with our children is to have them write a note to their birth family and tie the note to helium RED balloon and together we let the balloons go into the air. This is a time to show honor and respect to birth families and/or birth countries, etc. It really is moving to see all the red balloons in the air. Lacie’s note to her birth mom: “Thank you for giving me life. Thank you for giving me to my other mommy. Love Lacie” As the “other mommy” I have to say I am very proud of her.

The red dots in the photo are balloons.

Then we were part of a lantern parade – each child carrying their own lighted lantern. Ours were a bit heavy this year:

And Paul choosing to hold Euitag’s hand while parading.

One more Lacie story:

I asked her to make her bed yesterday a.m. (specifically to throw the blanket up over the pillow). She said, “I tan’t. I’m not strong enough. Daddy is strong. AND Jesus is strong.”

This is a huge promotion than her comparison earlier in the year when she said that Daddy was “almost as strong as Jordan” – her preschool friend.

Love to all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs and catching up on your life. I loved reading the story of Lacie's letter to her biological mother, what you all do to honor birth mothers is great. I love the picture of Lacie and John too. I love you all and miss you all. Hugs ~Allison