Before I begin my blog entry - I want to ask that you take a minute and pray for little Suzannah who is going to have heart surgery on Tuesday. She has only been with her forever family for about a week and has already had a heart cath and now surgery. When they got to China to get her they were informed that she was in the hospital. They did not even know then if they would get to bring her home. But, she did so well that they released her and they got her home to the US as soon as possible. She saw the docs the very next day and they admitted her immediately. Her story is linked to the right - pray for her health, her surgery, bonding and attaching to her mom, AND anything else that your heart leads you to pray. Blessings to all!
We have been working with Lacie on manners. She is very good about saying, “excuse me,” before she interrupts a conversation I am having with another adult, but thinks it is a license to always interrupt. She says, “please” 99% of the time when she is asking for something. After dinner, she will say, “may I please be excused.” AND recently after being offered something and if she is kindly turning it down, she will say, “no please” instead of “No thank you.” I do not have the heart to correct her. She is just so cute saying, “no, please.”
God must see us as through the eyes of a child. This past week I had a touch of food poison or a short-lived stomach virus – but it did wipe me out for several hours one evening. After some time in the RR – and my hair a mess, make-up no longer applied, and flannel PJ’s as my attire, Lacie said to me very sincerely and sweetly, “Mommy, you are so lovely.” I think that is how God sees us too – even at our physical worse – he sees our beauty. Oh, I love my girl.
Paul and Lacie witnessed their first parade last week. When I saw some ghosts and goblins coming our way advertising a Halloween store, I knew Lacie would get extremely scared. So, I quietly walked over to her and knelt down in front of her and hugged her and shared sweet somethings with her – and she peeked over my shoulder and saw what I was shielding her from. She looked at me and said, “mommy, you were being berry nice. You are so brave. Thank you for protecting me.” Oh – she makes me want to melt!
Paul had his 18-month check up. He has grown again. He is a growing boy – and gets wilder EVERY day. It’s a good wild though. He has two speeds – fast and asleep. There is no in between. The minute he wakes up, he is moving. But – he is a JOY! He is a happy boy and loves life. Don’t get me wrong – he is fussy a lot too. It is mainly his frustration with communication. His receptive language is awesome. He understands almost everything we say to him. He still only says one word, “mama – mama, Mama and MAMA!” He is learning more signs daily and Lacie helps with that. She loves doing sign language again. I think the word that has helped his frustration cease some is the word, “help.” When he is trying to do something he can’t do alone – he now uses the “help” sign and we respond pretty quickly. The first thing he signs to me in the mornings is the sign for shoes. He just loves to wear shoes. At 18 months Paul is 32.12 inches tall (50%), and weighs 23.2 lbs (almost 25%). He is staying with the same percentages, as with his 15-month physical exam – so that is good. Ironically, he does not look that thin to me – I mean, he is not chubby – but he does have some meat on him.
Paul LOVES Euitag. When we are out together shopping he insists on holding Euitag’s hand only. AND he marches right next to Euitag like he is hot stuff, smiling the whole time – he is too cute.
I mentioned last week that I would share a Santa story. Lacie asked me one evening if Santa was going to come again this year. I said, “Yes, he will come and bring you more presents. Is there anything you want him to bring?” She replied, “no.” I probed more and she replied, “No, I really don’t need anyting.” And that is typical Lacie – she rarely asks for anything. She does more now, but it is still typically like a piece of candy after dinner, or cotton candy from the zoo, etc. But overall, she has never been an “I wanna” kind of kid. The conversation actually took place again a few days later. I figured out then that it was Santa she did not need. She said she did not need him to come. I said, “Well, what if mommy and daddy get you something and Santa just stay’s away?” She replied, “oh yes, there are many things I want.” So – I think we will just have Santa bring her presents but leave them on the porch or maybe as far away as Maw Maw’s.
Lacie and her best friend Ava watching the parade (and eating the 10th piece of candy)
Mommy and one tired Paul
Blessings!
1 comment:
Hi. I found your blog through Leslie and Susannah's blog. Curious to hear about your Korean adoption. We just adopted a 5 year old from China in March and have always been interested in Korea adoptions. What agency did you use? How did this adoption differ from your China one? I will take some more time to read your blog in the next day or two.
Blessings,
Tina
www.asforusandourhouse.blogspot.com
Post a Comment