DEJA VU
After our backyard swamp finally dried up and after weeks of heat it has finally gotten cool enough and dry enough in the evenings to go into the back yard and play. Again, as I steal my good friend Lisa’s idea of what she calls dejavu – here are some fun pics of playtime:
Lacie at 21 months
Paul at 17 months (now)
Lacie at 21 months
Paul at 17 months
Lacie and Paul having fun on the play fort –
FATHER SON PLAY GROUP
Once a month the boys (any boys) who are internationally adopted or brothers of sisters who are adopted internationally – get together for a father/son playgroup. I would have gotten a group photo and MORE but I had an unfortunate event take place. I had on long pants and a wasp fly up my pants and stung me on the thigh at least 3 times. I almost dropped my pants on the playground but instead grabbed my pants where the wasp was and got to my car and dropped my pants behind the car door. Thank God no one else was on the other side of the car. I really did not care. This had happened to me in my 20’s but a wasp flew up my shirt. I did disrobe right there – but circumstances were a little different then. Anyway – here are the pics I got this time:
EUITAG
Each day of school last week got better for him. AND in two weeks, his English is so much better. I am very proud of him. The band teacher told him that he wanted him to play the clarinet in the band. So he practiced the other day and we got a free and private concert. I think he is really good. I hope it works out for him. He met a friend last week – a boy from Canada who has only lived here 3 weeks, so he is new to the school too. Euitag is a very very well mannered and good kid. If he were my kid, I would be so proud of him.
FAIR:
We took the kids to the fair. I thought Euitag would have had a horrible time, but he said it was fun – to watch the people. Yea, at the state fair – there are a lot of odd individuals. For example, there was one baby – about 17 months old who had a Mohawk on his head and on the back of his head (which was shaved) had "Fire" written in red ink. It looked like a Tatoo. Why would someone want to do this to his or her kid? But – ok – well, this is what makes the world go round.
We met Papa John (not the pizza guy) and friends at the fair. Lacie and Ava got “drivers license” and had a course on traffic safety for tricyclers. I do not know what was said but Lacie stood up and put the officers face in her hands and she got into his face and said something sweet. He smiled at her and took her in his arms. I missed most of it on film but did get the surprised look on the face of the officer.
1 comment:
It seems so busy around your house, how do you do it? Great pictures of the kids.
Post a Comment