Mother’s day was wonderful! I had TWO reasons to celebrate this year:
ONE:
TWO:
Together:
Aren’t they great?
This week has been very busy and totally eventful! I returned to work on Tuesday for three days this week. Baby Paul started school/daycare full days. He has taken it very well. He is sad in the mornings when we drop him off – but overall – considering the circumstances, he is doing great. The teachers are of course the best and they love him and comfort him during this new transition.
My return to work was great as well. It was nice to talk to adults and work sitting down for awhile – instead of running around bent over getting boy hands away from things he should not touch. I never knew a boy could move that fast or climb so well.
Lacie has noticed this past week the difference between a boy and a girl, so one might only imagine the conversations we have had around our household lately. And I will leave it at that.
After bath's one evening recently, I trimmed their finger and toe nails. When I was trimming Lacie's toe nails,
Lacie said, "this is not right mommy." (ok, I'll go along with this)
Mommy: "What is not right Lacie?"
Lacie: "you are not right." (OK - I have been told that before - but from Lacie?)
Mommy: "What is not right?"
Lacie: "cutting fingers. You not suppose to cut fingers, mommy."
Mommy: "I am not cutting your fingers Lacie, I am cutting your finger nails."
Lacie: "It is not right."
But I got to finish her nails.
Paul has decided that John is pretty cool, and not just cool, but a good dad. He is allowing John to give him his morning bottles and feed him his cereal. He is also sad when John drops him off at school and is happy to see him at the end of the day.
Now, Lacie has already known this all along and tonight she said the following – throughout the evening: "I love my daddy. He is a good daddy. He is a good man. He is MY man. Daddy, I love you daddy." I am glad she sees him as her man for now. I do not have to worry about Jordan for awhile. (tee Hee.)
Daddy took Lacie to a father/daughter princess tea at church. Here are pictures before they left the house:
Finally, our hearts have been heavy when we think about the tragedies in the East, especially the earthquake in China. As far as we know, the town and province Lacie was born in was unaffected. We are grateful. But as we think about the broken families now and children left behind without parents, we feel a sadness. Please pray for those affected by natural disasters in Asia.
Many blessings to everyone,
The Blogsingers
1 comment:
Happy late Mother's day. Happy Happy times. They look so cute together!!
Post a Comment