"Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." – Oprah Winfrey


"A house that is a home and has happy kids living in it is ALWAYS a mess. When they are gone, you can straighten and dust all you want, but the kids and the mess will be sorely missed." -John Easterling

Friday, March 28, 2008

I really do know how to spell. I found a huge "typo" in my last post. If you have not found it - do not worry - that means you must be as bad as me in the spelling department or you must as excited with me!

Any other "typos" I cannot be held responsible for. I usually draft on "word" and then copy to the blog. I am having to draft everything directly to the blog in Korea.

Today was an awesome day!

Besides seeing the baby - it was beautiful - beautiful weather and well, just awesome. Our friend Chris from home lives in Seoul. He is a teacher of ESL. It was sort of a surprise for us that he lives here and only one subway station from our guest house. He has shown us around, how to take the bus, how to shop, we went to a lot of fun places to eat and a tea house. He is a history buff so he shared with us many stories when we would come across areas with history. Which I would venture to guess is much of S. Korea.

He leaves for a short vacation on Sat. a.m. so we only got one day with him. We feel well prepared to see and shop more tomorrow.

I think Korea is beginning to grow on me - China did the same thing. I think a lot of it has to do with seeing our little guy, meeting his awesome foster parents and knowing we will always have a connection with this wonderful country - and always have family here now - all those who have had a part in his life from day one AND loved our guy till he is placed with us.

Lacie: I am so glad to hear your voice when I call. AND I am so glad you are having fun with Noah. We love you so much. Noah, thank you for helping to take care of our girl.

Here are some additional pics of our day:

Tea with foster family and social worker:



Won-U's favorite "pillow" (it comes home with us):



Our friend Chris in the Tea house in Insadong:

2 comments:

Mike Patricia & Evy said...

Hurray! You guys look wonderful together! And Paul's foster parents sound wonderful!

Evy and I had Korean food for lunch today - yummy!

So - when exactly are you flying home? And are you going through Atlanta again? Just asking cause Evy and I will be getting into Atlanta on Monday at 8:40 pm.....

Patricia

Anonymous said...

Vonda and John!
We are so happy for you guys!! LOOK AT ALL THAT HAIR! Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly.
Mary, John, and Rachel J.