"Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." – Oprah Winfrey


"A house that is a home and has happy kids living in it is ALWAYS a mess. When they are gone, you can straighten and dust all you want, but the kids and the mess will be sorely missed." -John Easterling

Monday, March 8, 2010

03/08/2010 ITS MAWRCH!

Spring is almost here - but while it is still considered winter I want to share our snow pictures. It seems that the shortest month of the year felt like the longest. We had some bizarre weather and lots of snow - bouts of snow really. So, Lacie kept asking, "when will it be March? But she pronounces it like there is a huge "W" in the word. "maWrch." Ha Ha. So, on March first, she jumped out of bed that morning and began to jump up and down saying, "Its Mawrch! Its Mawrch!" Then she looks at her brother and said, "Paul, this is your birthday month." Paul starts to ask me, "I wan a TAR birday." (I want a Car birthday.) (the movie "Cars.")

So, here are some of our snow photos.







In some of the photos, you can see we were still getting huge snow flakes.

We made two snow men and a fort.




We decided to represent all our countries at our snow fort. So, we stuck our country flags in the rim.





Paul is so familiar with his countries flag that when he sees it in other settings he recognizes it. We were watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics and when the Korean team marched in Paul got all excited and pointed to the TV. I said, Yes, Paul, that is the Korean team. Then I realized he noticed the flag they were carrying. He pointed to that flag on the TV and then pointed to his flag in our family room and he said, "My." Yes, Paul, that is your flag. I was so proud of him for noticing his flag.

My baby turns 3 this week. It is amazing and hard to believe that he is not really a baby anymore. I mean, he is MY baby - but he really is a big boy. And also, when I look at Lacie - I too am amazed at how big and old and mature and smart she is. She is going to kindergarten this year. Where did my babies go? AND how did it happen so fast? It is like I woke up one day and they were bigger - and my babies just went away.

Speaking of kindergarten . . . we have struggled with our school system as we have tried to figure where to send our daughter for kindergarten. Kids here don't go to the neighborhood school traditionally. There are multiple schools in an area or a "cluster." It is really too difficult to go in to, but needless to say it has been a headache trying to visit schools and make a proper decision about the "best school" for Lacie and then she may not get in that school anyway. The school we want her in actually teaches Chinese, so we hope she gets in - we think that will be a great opportunity for her.

Paul's birthday is coming and so is Spring. It is good.

2 comments:

maren said...

Love the pictures, Vonda! I also love that I can HEAR Lacie saying "March!" Love those kids!

euitag said...

hey how r u?
i saw the pics.. it looks good..
but i tell u what.. the flag of korea is up side down... the center's color of korea should be upsidedown. i mean the blue suppose to go down and the red suppose to go up..