"Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." – Oprah Winfrey


"A house that is a home and has happy kids living in it is ALWAYS a mess. When they are gone, you can straighten and dust all you want, but the kids and the mess will be sorely missed." -John Easterling

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

06/23/2009 A New Lacie Question . . .

Tonight while Lacie and I were reading a story which showed a picture of a mommy and daddy getting married, then one of them holding their baby at the hospital and then walking with their baby in a carrier, Lacie asked me, "did you get me in the hospital?" I said, "No, where did mommy get her babies?" Lacie said, "tell me where." She knows the answer but I gave in . . .
I responded: Mommy and daddy went to China and Korea to get their babies.
Lacie asked: Did I grow in your tummy?
Me: No, remember where you grew?
Lacie: Tell me where.
Me: You grew in your birth mommy's tummy and you grew in my heart.
Lacie sat quiet for a moment . . .
Lacie: Mommy?
Me: What Lacie?
Lacie: How did I get out of my birth mommy's belly and get into your heart?


Ohhhhhh - these conversations were much easier when she was 2 and 3.

No comments: