"Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." – Oprah Winfrey


"A house that is a home and has happy kids living in it is ALWAYS a mess. When they are gone, you can straighten and dust all you want, but the kids and the mess will be sorely missed." -John Easterling

Monday, January 19, 2009

01/19/2009 "your stuffing is coming out"

I hope to get a pic or two on this post, but it may have to come later. If I do not share this story, I will forget it.

Lacie was on the potty as I was getting both ready for a bath tonight. Paul and I sat on the edge of the tub and I took off his socks. He had on new socks so there was a lot of fuzz in-between his toes. I began to get the fuzz out of his toes and Lacie was watching with amazement. She then asked me, "what are you doing?"
I said, "getting the fuzz out of Paul's toes."
Lacie said, "Does he have holes in his toes?"
I was then the amazed one . . .
She thought that there was a hole in Paul's toes and I was pulling the "fuzz" out of his foot.

So, I told my mom and she reminded me that when we were little, once my dad had some "fuzz" in his belly button. Mom does not remember which one of us it was, but one of us said, "daddy, your stuffing is coming out."

Ahhh - kids are so awesome.

Blessings!



Messy but sweet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your dad was shaving, and Scott was standing on a stool shaving with a toy razor. Scott saw fuzz in dad's navel, and said, "Daddy, your stuffing is coming out."