"Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." – Oprah Winfrey


"A house that is a home and has happy kids living in it is ALWAYS a mess. When they are gone, you can straighten and dust all you want, but the kids and the mess will be sorely missed." -John Easterling

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

4/21/2008 quick story

Tonight I hurt Lacie's feelings. She told me, "I do not like you mommy." Then she said, "I am not going to play with you any more." I told her that no matter what she said or did, I still loved her very very much and nothing would take my love away. Then I told her that it is ok to have those feelings but saying it can hurt. We can't say hurtful things to each other. We are family and need to stick together (or something along those lines.) (Thanks Carla - good advice.) Anyway -after we got out of the car she said, "Mommy, I know you love me. And I love you and I am sorry I was grumpy to you." CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? Just how sweet was that? Is she amazing or what?

And that she verbalized all those words and sentences so perfectly and effectively. Hmmmm -

Carla, do you want to come over an be our family coach regularly?

Oh - another cute thing - Lacie was upset with me one day and told me: I am a mean dandy lion. I told her that I was the momma lion though so I was still the boss. Later I asked her if she was my princess. She said no, she was "daddy's princess!" Ah - right into the heart.

Paul is doing well - he has a giggle that is so contagious. I get so tickled when he gets to giggling. He is getting bigger and more independent. His independence ends when he is sleepy. He really loves to cuddle. Lacie has always loved to cuddle. I love my cuddly kids!

Love to all,
The Blogsingers

No comments: